Quick tips for preventing pimples due to not removing your makeup
Imagine that you are lying on the couch, relaxing after a busy day.
1, 2, 3, time flies! You wake up with a start. You have slept 30 minutes and it’s time to go to bed.
Your mouth tastes as if you gargled water from the toilet. Now is not the time that you want to think about your skin-care routine, right before you crawl under the covers.
Let’s be realistic
There ARE times when you do not do your skin-care routine in the evening, but go straight to bed with your makeup on.
The sight in the mirror the next morning is rarely pretty. Mascara in and around your eyes. Lipstick on your face. Your eye shadow smashed around the eye. It almost looks like you have a black eye.
In short, you look like something from a horror movie.
Makeup is only half the disaster
Your eyes are swollen, red, irritated and are sore.
Another problem with sleeping without removing your foundation / powder / blush: Your skin cannot slough dead skin cells, so there is a high risk of clogging the skin pores, which is likely to result in pimples.
Solve the problem
Once the damage is done (and it will, you are only human), follow these 7 simple steps to minimize the consequences of falling asleep with your makeup on:
- Wash your face twice with a soft washcloth and your cleanser. This will manually exfoliate your skin. Remember to do it gently.
- Use a makeup remover that is free of perfumes and dyes.
- Use eye drops to soothe your eyes.
- To boost your skin’s natural exfoliation, you should use an effective BHA (salicylic acid) exfoliation product. Try Danish Skin Care’s Perfect Skin Power Treat – your skin will love it!
- Lie down for two minutes! Like on a sofa with your head on the armrest. Your face should be lifted from the horizontal. Place a cold cloth over your eyes – possibly with a few ice cubes wrapped in the cloth. This will feel good and reduce swelling.
- Apply a light moisturizer to your face that suits your skin type.
- Finish by saying to yourself in the mirror: “I promise that I will not fall asleep with my makeup on again … Maybe …“
Do not sleep with makeup!
Your evening skin-care routine takes only 3 minutes. It should never take more than that!
Slip-ups will happen, but it’s worth it to be as consistent as possible to and remember your skin care routine every day!
And one last tip …
Finish your skin-care routine in the evening BEFORE you lie on the couch. Why wait until it becomes a battle against sleep?